As we all know, the law is you may ride your motorcycle without wearing a helmet. I think that law should be changed. Many people don't know but in the year of 1998 2,284 people were killed in motorcycle accidents, and 49,000 we're injured in just highway crashes in the United States. Since the law was passed around 2000-2005, the numbers have shot up. In 1998 500 people's lives were saved because of helmets, and 307 people's lives could have been saved.
In 1997, there was 2,116 fatalities for bike accidents. In 2004 there was 4,008. These are just accidents, it doesn't count the accidents that people were wearing and not wearing helmets. Helmets don't mean that they will save people's lives, but it does give you a more protection. Motorcycles are dangerous vehicles. They are hard to see when your driving a bigger vehicle, but wearing a helmet could save you. I do believe wearing a helmet could save you and others if you choose to wear one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have to disagree. Would I personally wear a helmet? Yes. Should people be forced? No. Its as stupid as the seat belt laws. If the consequences of a motorcycle or car crash result in that individuals death, it was their choice.
ReplyDeleteThis isn't an issue like drunk driving or driving without an inspection. In those cases the driver has done something that could end in the death of another person. If the end result of an action is only their own death, so be it.
I would hope everyone would want to wear a helmet and leesen their chance of dying. But what can you do or say really, the law say's you don't have to wear one if you don't. It's their choice and whatever choice they make it's on them. Everyone has to live with whatever decisions they make. I wish no bad on anyone.
ReplyDelete